Anonymous asked: What are some good documentaries/movies?
Ah, going to go to town on good documentaries now - been watching a lot of them recently, although most are disturbing and/or upsetting.
- The ones I mentioned the other day - Ukraine’s Forgotten Children (x) and Bulgaria’s Abandoned Children (x)
- The Bridge (x)
- Child of Rage (x)
- Dear Zachary (x)
- Titticut Follies (x) - can’t find the full movie on youtube, but it’s definitely online.
- The Act of Killing (x)
- A Place for Paedophiles (x - available on netflix)
- Blackfish (x)
- The Elephant in the Living Room (x) - this devastated me, I can’t stress how upsetting this is if you’re an animal lover.
- The City Addicted to Crystal Meth (x)
- The Dying Rooms (x)
- Genie : Secret of the Wild Child (x)
- Inside Broadmoor (x)
- Living in the Sewers of Colombia (x)
- Paradise Lost (x)
- The House I Live In (x)
- Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (x)
- Chernobyl Uncensored (x)
- Capturing the Friedmans (x)
- Bellevue Inside Out (x)
There are more I’m intending to watch, and probably a lot more than I can’t think of - there’s no real coherence there apart from the fact that everything covered is upsetting in one way or another, but they’re all incredible documentaries.
I have two moods
One is highly sophisticated intellectual who goes into complex thoughts and is always moody and deep
the other is an immature 5 year old that doesn’t know how to control herself or her language or her actions
there is no inbetween